Confidentiality, market knowledge, insight and guidance summarize the benefits of working with The Advocates. Making a lateral partner move, or merging your firm with another law firm is a critical decision. We have worked with dozens of partners, groups and firms to help them with this transition. Our process features:
1. Our unique view of the marketplace and understanding of you and your needs.
In order to gain a 360° view of client law firms and corporate legal departments, we work with executive management, team or practice leaders, and administrative and Human Resources professionals. We take our contacts through a proprietary set of questions to help us develop insights into their goals, culture and traits of top performers.
2. Our unique CBI – Chronological Behavior-based Interview helps us to understand you, your career goals and the type of opportunity that presents the best fit.
We use the information above to help you decide where the best potential opportunities are for the next step in your career.
3. Access to opportunities available only through us:
Each year 25%–35% of the placements we make are created through our knowledge of our clients and their strategic goals — not to “open” positions. This means you have access to positions that are not advertised as they are only available through us.
We often know about opportunities before they are advertised.
4. Market Intelligence – We have daily conversations with law firm and corporate leaders that, along with our formal research, have created a tremendous database of market intelligence from what firms are doing and why, to local pay trends, etc.
5. Focus on your practice — not on your next position. By working with you and searching for you we can work together to submit you only to appropriate positions. We take a lot of busy work off your plate, allowing you to focus on your practice.
6. Career Coaching – Our CBI allows us to offer on-going career coaching.
7. Interview Feedback and Coaching – You are a great legal professional — we can help you become a better interviewer.
8. We negotiate salary for you through a unique process that avoids positional bargaining in favor of an approach based on mutually desired outcomes.
This way we are able to inquire about potential opportunities without compromising the confidentiality of your search.